Access crucial details for a hassle-free visit to our transportation hub. Find our address and contact information, ensuring a smooth and convenient travel experience. Get in touch and navigate effortlessly to your destination.
4.1 out of stars
Based on 17097 reviews
4 out of 5 stars
5 out of 5 stars
5 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars
The Service Desk at Estación Madrid - Puerta de Atocha train and bus station operates during the following hours:
The Service Desk at Estación Madrid - Puerta de Atocha offers a range of services to assist travelers:
1. Ticketing and Reservations: The Service Desk can help you with ticketing and reservations for train and bus services. Whether you need to purchase tickets, make changes to your existing reservations, or get information on available routes and schedules, the knowledgeable staff at the Service Desk will be able to assist you.
2. Information and Assistance: If you have any questions or need assistance with anything related to your travel plans, the Service Desk is there to help. They can provide information on nearby attractions, recommend local restaurants and accommodations, and offer guidance on transportation options in the area.
3. Lost and Found: If you have lost an item during your journey or at the station, you can report it at the Service Desk. They will assist you in filing a report and will do their best to help you recover your lost belongings.
4. Customer Feedback: The Service Desk welcomes customer feedback and suggestions. If you have any comments or concerns about your experience at Estación Madrid - Puerta de Atocha, you can share them with the staff at the Service Desk, and they will ensure that your feedback reaches the relevant authorities.
These are just a few of the services offered at the Service Desk. The friendly and professional staff are dedicated to providing excellent customer service and ensuring a smooth travel experience for all visitors to Estación Madrid - Puerta de Atocha.
Estación Madrid - Puerta de Atocha train and bus station is equipped with a comprehensive surveillance camera system to ensure the safety and security of all visitors. These cameras are strategically placed throughout the station to monitor key areas and provide real-time video footage.
The surveillance cameras at Estación Madrid - Puerta de Atocha are monitored by trained security personnel who are responsible for observing any suspicious activities or potential security threats. This constant surveillance helps deter crime and ensures a safe environment for all travelers.
Estación Madrid - Puerta de Atocha takes the safety of its visitors seriously and has a team of on-site security personnel who are available 24/7. These trained professionals are responsible for maintaining a secure environment and ensuring the well-being of all passengers.
The security personnel at Estación Madrid - Puerta de Atocha are equipped with the necessary resources to handle any security-related incidents that may arise. They undergo regular training to stay updated on the latest security protocols and are always ready to respond to emergencies.
In case of an emergency or if you require immediate assistance, Estación Madrid - Puerta de Atocha is equipped with emergency call buttons located throughout the station. These call buttons are easily accessible and allow you to quickly summon help in case of any safety concerns or medical emergencies.
Simply press the emergency call button and you will be connected to the station's security personnel who will provide the necessary assistance or contact the appropriate authorities if needed.
Estación Madrid - Puerta de Atocha understands the importance of having immediate access to medical assistance in case of any injuries or medical emergencies. The station has first aid stations conveniently located throughout the premises.
These first aid stations are staffed by trained personnel who can provide basic medical assistance and assess the situation. In more serious cases, they can also coordinate with local medical services to ensure the affected individual receives the necessary care promptly.
The Lost and Found Office at Estación Madrid - Puerta de Atocha train and bus station is the place to go if you have lost or found any items during your visit. Here is the information you need to know:
If you have lost an item at Estación Madrid - Puerta de Atocha, follow these procedures to increase the chances of recovering your belongings:
Please note that the Lost and Found Office keeps lost items for a certain period of time before they are donated or disposed of. It is important to act quickly and follow the procedures to increase the chances of recovering your lost belongings.
The Estación Madrid - Puerta de Atocha train and bus station is equipped with several emergency exits to ensure the safety of all passengers in case of an emergency. These exits are strategically located throughout the station and are clearly marked with illuminated signs.
In the event of an emergency, it is important to remain calm and follow the instructions of station staff or emergency personnel. If you are near an emergency exit, proceed towards it in an orderly manner. Do not use elevators during an emergency situation, as they may be temporarily out of service.
The Estación Madrid - Puerta de Atocha train and bus station is equipped with first aid stations to provide immediate medical assistance if needed. These stations are staffed by trained professionals who can provide basic first aid treatment for minor injuries or illnesses.
If you require medical assistance, look for the nearest first aid station. They are located throughout the station and can be easily identified by the first aid symbol. The staff at the first aid stations are trained to handle a variety of medical situations and can provide guidance on further medical care if necessary.
In case of an emergency, it is important to have access to the appropriate contacts for assistance. Here are some important contacts to keep in mind:
Emergency Services: Dial 112 for immediate emergency assistance, such as police, fire, or medical services.
Station Security: If you notice any suspicious activity or feel unsafe, contact the station security personnel for assistance.
Lost and Found: If you lose any belongings during your time at the station, contact the lost and found office for assistance in recovering your items.
It is always a good idea to save these contacts in your phone or have them easily accessible in case of an emergency. Remember, stay calm and follow the instructions of the authorities in the event of an emergency.
Driving to Estación Madrid - Puerta de Atocha train and bus station from Madrid city center is a straightforward journey. Here are the driving directions:
If you are driving from Madrid-Barajas Airport to Estación Madrid - Puerta de Atocha train and bus station, follow these directions:
Estación Madrid - Puerta de Atocha train and bus station offers parking facilities for visitors. Here are some parking options:
|Parking Garage||Address||Distance to Station|
|APK2 Estación de Atocha||Paseo de la Infanta Isabel, 5, 28014 Madrid||On-site|
|APK2 Estación de Atocha Renfe||Calle de Méndez Álvaro, 83, 28045 Madrid||0.3 km|
|Parking Atocha RENFE||Calle del Alcalde Sainz de Baranda, 16, 28009 Madrid||0.7 km|
Please note that parking availability may vary, so it is recommended to check in advance and consider alternative parking options if needed.
The Estación Madrid - Puerta de Atocha train and bus station is conveniently located in the heart of Madrid, making it easily accessible from various airports in the area. The distance from the major airports to the station are as follows:
The price of airport transfers to and from Estación Madrid - Puerta de Atocha may vary depending on the distance and the chosen mode of transportation. Here are some common options and their estimated prices:
Payment options for airport transfers may include cash, credit cards, and mobile payment apps. It is advisable to check with the specific service provider for their accepted payment methods.
When planning your airport transfers to Estación Madrid - Puerta de Atocha, keep the following essentials in mind:
There are several types of airport transfers available to reach Estación Madrid - Puerta de Atocha:
Booking airport transfers in advance is recommended to ensure a smooth and hassle-free journey. Here are some popular platforms and options for booking airport transfers:
Upon arrival at the airport, follow the signs for ground transportation or airport transfers. Depending on the chosen mode of transportation, you may need to locate designated pickup points or wait at a specified meeting area. Be sure to communicate your arrival details and any changes to the service provider to avoid any confusion.
When departing from Estación Madrid - Puerta de Atocha, plan your airport transfers in advance to ensure you arrive at the airport with ample time for check-in and security procedures. Consider the travel time and potential traffic congestion during peak hours. It is advisable to book your airport transfer services ahead of time to avoid any last-minute inconvenience.
During weekdays, the Estación Madrid - Puerta de Atocha train and bus station experiences a high volume of travelers, particularly during the morning and evening rush hours. The station serves as a major transportation hub for commuters heading to and from work, resulting in crowded platforms and longer wait times for trains and buses. If you plan to travel during weekdays, it is advisable to arrive early and allow extra time for potential delays.
On weekends, the crowd at Estación Madrid - Puerta de Atocha tends to be slightly less compared to weekdays. However, it is still a busy time for travelers, especially on Saturdays. Many tourists and locals head out for weekend getaways, resulting in increased foot traffic and longer queues at ticket counters. It is recommended to book your tickets in advance or consider using self-service ticket kiosks to save time and avoid standing in long lines.
During special days such as public holidays and popular events, the Estación Madrid - Puerta de Atocha experiences a significant surge in travelers. People often travel to visit family and friends or attend special occasions, leading to crowded platforms, packed trains, and buses. It is advisable to plan your travel well in advance, make reservations, and be prepared for potential delays. Consider checking the station's website or contacting the customer service for any special arrangements or announcements during these peak times.
On school days, the station caters to a large number of students traveling to and from educational institutions located in the vicinity. This influx of students during morning and afternoon hours can result in increased congestion and longer wait times. If you are traveling during school days, it is advisable to plan your journey accordingly, allowing extra time for potential delays caused by the higher number of passengers.
Fridays are a popular day for both business and leisure travelers at Estación Madrid - Puerta de Atocha. Many people choose to start their weekend getaways or business trips on Fridays, which can lead to heavier foot traffic and a higher demand for transportation services. It is recommended to book your tickets in advance, especially if you are planning to travel during the afternoon or evening, as these times tend to be busier.
💡 It is always a good idea to check the current schedule and any updates or announcements from the station authorities before your trip to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience.
Renfe is the national railway operator in Spain, offering a wide range of services to passengers. Here is some information about Renfe's regular services, punctuality, reliability, passenger amenities, ticketing and fare information, as well as boarding platforms.
Renfe operates various types of trains, including high-speed AVE trains, long-distance trains, regional trains, and commuter trains. The AVE trains are known for their speed and connect major cities like Madrid, Barcelona, Seville, and Valencia. Long-distance trains offer comfortable travel across different regions of Spain. Regional trains are ideal for shorter journeys within a specific area, while commuter trains cater to daily commuters in metropolitan areas.
Renfe is known for its punctuality and reliability. The trains generally run on time, ensuring that passengers reach their destinations as scheduled. Delays are rare, but in case of any disruptions, Renfe provides regular updates and alternative travel arrangements.
Renfe trains offer a range of passenger amenities to ensure a comfortable journey. These include comfortable seating, spacious interiors, onboard WiFi (in some trains), power outlets for charging electronic devices, and air conditioning/heating systems. Additionally, some long-distance trains also have dining cars or snack trolleys where passengers can purchase refreshments.
To buy tickets for Renfe trains, you can visit their official website or use their mobile app. Payment methods include credit/debit cards and digital wallets. Refunds and cancellations are subject to the fare conditions, and it is advised to check the specific terms and conditions when purchasing tickets.
At the Madrid - Puerta de Atocha train station, Renfe trains usually depart from various platforms depending on the type of train and destination. Information about the specific platform for each train is displayed on the departure boards throughout the station. It is recommended to arrive at the station well in advance to locate the correct platform and board the train on time.
ALSA is a leading bus operator in Spain, providing reliable and comfortable bus services to various destinations. Here is some information about ALSA's regular services, punctuality, reliability, passenger amenities, ticketing and fare information, as well as boarding platforms.
ALSA operates a wide range of bus services, including intercity buses, regional buses, and airport transfers. Intercity buses connect major cities and towns across Spain, offering a convenient mode of transportation for travelers. Regional buses cater to shorter journeys within specific regions, while airport transfers provide direct transportation between airports and city centers.
ALSA is known for its punctuality and reliability. The buses generally adhere to their scheduled departure and arrival times, ensuring that passengers reach their destinations on time. In case of any delays or disruptions, ALSA provides regular updates and alternative travel options.
ALSA buses are equipped with various passenger amenities to enhance the travel experience. These include comfortable seating with ample legroom, air conditioning/heating systems, onboard WiFi (in some buses), power outlets for charging electronic devices, and onboard restrooms. Some long-distance buses may also have entertainment systems for passenger enjoyment.
Tickets for ALSA buses can be purchased online through their official website or at ALSA ticket counters located at bus stations. Payment methods include credit/debit cards and cash. Refunds and cancellations are subject to the fare conditions, and it is advisable to review the specific terms and conditions when booking tickets.
At the Madrid - Puerta de Atocha bus station, ALSA buses usually depart from designated platforms based on the specific route and destination. Information about the boarding platform for each bus is displayed on the departure boards at the bus station. It is recommended to arrive at the station early to locate the correct platform and board the bus on time.
💡 When traveling with Renfe or ALSA, it is always a good idea to check their websites or contact customer service for the most up-to-date information regarding services, schedules, and any additional amenities or requirements.
Renfe is the national railway company of Spain and operates both domestic and international train services. They offer regular services to various European destinations, including France, Portugal, and Switzerland.
- Types of regular services provided: Renfe provides high-speed train services, known as AVE, to major cities in Europe. They also offer regional and long-distance train services to other destinations.
- Punctuality and reliability: Renfe is known for its punctuality and reliability. Their trains are usually on time, and they have a good track record for maintaining a high level of service.
- Passenger Amenities: Renfe trains are well-equipped with comfortable seating, air conditioning, and onboard facilities such as restrooms and snack bars. They also offer free Wi-Fi on select trains.
- Ticketing and fare Information: Tickets for Renfe trains can be purchased online through their website or at the train station. Payment methods include credit cards and cash. Refunds and cancellations are subject to their refund policy.
- Boarding platforms and broad information: Renfe trains usually depart from and arrive at designated platforms at the Estación Madrid - Puerta de Atocha train station. Passengers are advised to check the platform number on their ticket or the information boards at the station.
SNCF is the national railway company of France and operates international train services connecting France with various European countries. They provide regular services to and from Madrid.
- Types of regular services provided: SNCF offers high-speed train services, such as the TGV, which connect major cities in France and other European destinations. They also operate regional and long-distance train services.
- Punctuality and reliability: SNCF has a reputation for being punctual and reliable. Their trains are known for their efficiency and on-time performance.
- Passenger Amenities: SNCF trains offer comfortable seating, air conditioning, and onboard amenities such as restrooms and snack bars. Some trains may also have Wi-Fi access.
- Ticketing and fare Information: Tickets for SNCF trains can be purchased online through their website or at the train station. Different payment methods are accepted, including credit cards. Refunds and cancellations are subject to their terms and conditions.
- Boarding platforms and broad information: SNCF trains usually depart from and arrive at specific platforms at the Estación Madrid - Puerta de Atocha train station. Passengers should check their ticket or the information boards for the platform number.
CP - Comboios de Portugal is the national railway company of Portugal and operates international train services connecting Portugal with various European destinations. They provide regular services to and from Madrid.
- Types of regular services provided: CP offers regional and long-distance train services to different cities in Portugal and other European countries. They also operate high-speed train services, such as the Alfa Pendular.
- Punctuality and reliability: CP trains are generally punctual and reliable. They strive to maintain a high level of service and ensure timely departures and arrivals.
- Passenger Amenities: CP trains are equipped with comfortable seating, air conditioning, and onboard facilities like restrooms. Some trains may also have onboard catering services.
- Ticketing and fare Information: Tickets for CP trains can be purchased online through their website or at the train station. Payment methods include credit cards and cash. Refunds and cancellations are subject to their refund policy.
- Boarding platforms and broad information: CP trains usually depart from and arrive at designated platforms at the Estación Madrid - Puerta de Atocha train station. Passengers should check their ticket or the information boards for the platform number.💡 Did you know that the Renfe AVE trains can reach speeds of up to 300 km/h, making them one of the fastest trains in Europe?
Estación de Madrid-Chamartín-Clara Campoamor station, located in Madrid, Spain, is a bustling train hub that seamlessly connects travelers to various national and international destinations. With its modern facilities and efficient services, this station offers a convenient and comfortable travel experience. Whether you are exploring the vibrant city of Madrid or embarking on an exciting journey across Spain, Estación de Madrid-Chamartín-Clara Campoamor station is your gateway to unforgettable adventures.View Station
Madrid Mendez Alvaro South Station is a bustling subway hub in Spain's vibrant capital city. Located in the Mendez Alvaro neighborhood, this well-connected station offers convenient access to various destinations within Madrid and beyond. With its modern facilities and efficient transport links, travelers can easily explore the city's iconic landmarks, cultural attractions, and indulge in the vibrant local cuisine.View Station